Correction of Sentences

Correction is a part and parcel of English Grammar. Without it all of our learning go to dog. So as a learner we should take care of  writing correct sentences.Different kinds of rules will settle  here for the learners. We hope that it will increase the knowledge of the learners and they will be able to write correct sentences.
1. Omission of Nouns:
(a) Do you know my younger brother? (Generally the learners put off  the brother 'words) (2) Give me some blotting paper.(Hence the learners put off bold word) (c) He lives in the boarding house. (The learners generally put off the word -house) (d) I had tea at his house yesterday. (Here generally have had is wrongly written.) (e) I have an urgent piece of business. (generally piece of wrongly omitted) (f) I have a pen , a pencil and other things. (Generally things remain omit wrongly.) (g) I shall go to your house today. (generally  house omits wrongly)  (h) I wrote him a letter yesterday/ I wrote to him yesterday. (Normally the bold words are wrongly omitted) (i) I shall go to Comilla, Sylhet and other place.(The bold word is wrongly omitted). (j) His house is very close to mine. (Normally house wrongly omitted.) (k) Your letter of the 8th instant is to hand. (Hence the bold word is always wrongly omitted.  (l) He applied for the free studentship. ( Here student word is wrongly omitted.)  (m) He spent the middle of the day in work.(Hence wrongly Noon used for in stead of the middle of the day)
2. Wrongly put Noun:
Wrongly added words are shown within brackets.
a) She went to the back (side) of the house. b) I was not at home (my house) c) Do you know my cousin (sister). d) I read the daily (newspaper)  every morning. e) I shall start for Dhaka this (day) morning. f) She will come back to (day) night. g) Russel lives in a mess (house). h) The clock has struck three (hours).  i) We shall have by 12.30 (o'clock) train.
3. Wrong Use: 
a) I.C= One of  his family members is died. C= One of the members  of his  family  is died. b) I.C= She has paid her schooling fees. C= She paid her school fees. c) I.C= He has been lowered in the estimate of his friends. C= He has been lowered in the estimation of his friends. d) I.C.=  He marked the variance in temperature. C= He  marked the variation in the temperature. e) I.C. =He sought admission  into the  hall. C= He sought  admittance  into  the  hall. f) I.C. = I got  my  fooding  expense. C= I got my  food  expense. g) I.C. = She promises to give me  fooding and  lodging. C= She promised promised  to give  me food and lodging. 
4. Use of inappropriate words:
a) The girl students are small in number.( Wrongly used female for girl.)
b) He dressed in shorts. ( wrongly use half pants for shorts.)
c) Good evening, have a seat please. (wrongly use night for evening.)
d) She gave me a big amount of money.(
wrongly use 'number' for amount)
e) I shall buy a number of books.
( wrongly use 'quantity' for number.) 
f) learn this poem by heart.(
wrongly use 'memory' for heart.)
g) He is a man of action. (
wrongly use 'business' for action.)
h) Women are also admitted. (
wrongly use 'females' for women.)
i.) Credit the sum to my name. (
wrongly use '
name ' for account.)   
(j.)  The skin of the child is hot. (
wrongly use 'body' for skin.)  
k.)  This climate is good for my health. (
wrongly use 'weather' for climate.) 
l.)  Hasan gave false evidence. (
wrongly use 'witness' for evidence.) 
m. There is no room for doubt in this statement.(
wrongly use place for room.)
n. ) There is no place in this bench. (
wrongly use place for room.)
o.)  We enjoy the play. (
wrongly use theater for play.)
p.) He came to me last night. (
wrongly use yesterday  for last.) 
q.) He took offense at my words. ( wrongly use  insult for offense.)
r.) Keep company with good boys. (wrongly use  association for  company.)
s.) 
My wife gave birth to a child . (wrongly use  family for wife.)
t.)   He is fond of literature. ( wrongly use 'has fascination for' for 'is fond of'.)
u.) He has cut one of the toes of his right foot. (
wrongly use 'fingers' for 'toes'.)
v.) He is in a good condition. (
wrongly use  plight for condition.)
w.) 
I had no money. ( wrongly use 'taka / dollar/ rupee/ pound etc' for money.)
x.) I shall come to your place  this evening. (
wrongly use  'house' for place.)
y.) One does not know where one will meet one's equal.(
wrongly use 'the' for one.)
z.) The game drew numerous spectators. (
wrongly use 'audience' for spectators.)
aa.) Who broke the windo glasses? (
wrongly use 'born' for  broke.)
ab.) There is very little prospect in this line of business.(
wrongly use 'scope' for prospect.)
ac.) You took great pains for me. (
wrongly use ' much labour' for great pains.)
ad. ) These loves are good. (
wrongly use breads for loaves.)

Going on 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cook and his master

Completing Sentences, Rules and Structures

Capitalization and Punctuations